Tomei & Sons provide construction related activities on a commercial and domestic level and the purpose of this policy is to outline the management process and requirements for Health and Safety in accordance with our business requirements and relevant regulations and laws.
This policy is applicable to all of the company, its employees and contractors working for or on behalf of the company. A copy of this document is freely available to all clients, contractors, sub-contractors and other interested parties.
The company and its employees, so far as reasonably practical commits through our Health and Safety policy to;
- Prevent accidents and cases of work – related ill health by managing the health and safety risks in the work place.
- Provide clear instructions and information, and adequate training, to ensure employees are competent to do their work.
- Engage and consult with employees on day – to – day health and safety conditions.
- Implement emergency procedures.
- Maintain safe and health working conditions, provide and maintain plant, equipment and machinery, and ensure safe storage / use of substances.
This will be achieved by;
- Actively managing and supervising health and safety at work.
- Ensuring that all workers are competent to do their work, by continual review and development with appropriate training.
- Provide sufficient first aid and welfare facilities for all.
- Ensure adequate site facilities are in place prior to any work commencing.
- Fully investigate any accident or incident in order to establish an effective corrective procedure.
We also recognize our duty to comply and co – operate to work with other employers to ensure the health and safety of everyone at work is maintained.
This policy will be reviewed annually.